News and views
As one of the most high-profile businesses in the finance sector, we attract a broad range of views on what we do. Here's our factual take on some of the hot topics involving Wonga.
Wonga announces major customer forbearance programme and strengthens affordability checks to ensure sustainable lending
Wonga Group today announces significant changes to its UK consumer loans business, Wonga.com, including:
• A major customer forbearance programme
• A strengthening of the lending criteria for Wonga.com to address issues of affordability and repeat borrowing
• The move to a new lending decision engine to ensure Wonga lends sustainably and delivers appropriate outcomes for customers
Wonga Group full year results for the 12 months to December 31 2013
Wonga Group today publishes its 2013 Annual Results, which show that pre-tax profits are down by 53% to £39.7m.
The decline in profits was driven by remediation costs related to historic debt...
Wonga Group appoints UK Managing Director
Wonga Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Tara Kneafsey as Managing Director of its UK consumer loans business.
Andy Haste joins Wonga as Chairman
The Board of Wonga is pleased to announce the appointment of Andy Haste as Chairman of the Group. He will join Wonga with immediate effect.
Wonga says sorry
Following today’s announcement by the FCA, Wonga has apologised to its customers for historical debt collection practices and for separate system errors.
Thank you for your submission
Given the large amount of media coverage about Wonga, we will not be able to post a response to every story. We will reply to your request within 48 hours and let you know of our decision.
- Advertising (6)
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) (4)
- Annual report (4)
- Apology (1)
- Archbishop of Canterbury (2)
- Chairman (1)
- Competition Commission (3)
- Continuous payment authority (CPA) (1)
- Credit rating (1)
- Customers (6)
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (1)
- Football Club Sponsorship (7)
- Fraud (2)
- International (3)
- Management team (3)
- Newcastle United Football Club (1)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) (2)
- Public Accounts Committee (PAC) (2)
- Rate cap (1)
- Real-time data sharing (1)
- Tara Kneafsey (1)
- Technology (3)
- Total Cost of Credit (TCC) (2)
- UK MD (1)
- Unauthorised overdraft (2)
- Wonga (33)
- Wonga Group (2)