News and views
As one of the most high-profile businesses in the finance sector, we attract a broad range of views on what we do. Here's our factual take on some of the hot topics involving Wonga.
Wonga Group announces new Group Chief Financial Officer
Wonga Group is pleased to announce that Paul Miles will be joining the company as Chief Financial Officer, following completion of Arrow Group’s acquisition of The Capquest Group, which is anticipated to take place by the end of this year.
Customer forbearance programme - an update
As promised, we contacted all customers who are part of our forbearance programme last Friday (10 October) via email to let them know how they’d been affected and the next steps.
Wonga announces major customer forbearance programme and strengthens affordability checks to ensure sustainable lending
Wonga Group today announces significant changes to its UK consumer loans business, Wonga.com, including:
• A major customer forbearance programme
• A strengthening of the lending...
Wonga Group full year results for the 12 months to December 31 2013
Wonga Group today publishes its 2013 Annual Results, which show that pre-tax profits are down by 53% to £39.7m.
The decline in profits was driven by remediation costs related to historic debt...
Wonga Group appoints UK Managing Director
Wonga Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Tara Kneafsey as Managing Director of its UK consumer loans business.
Thank you for your submission
Given the large amount of media coverage about Wonga, we will not be able to post a response to every story. We will reply to your request within 48 hours and let you know of our decision.
- Advertising (6)
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) (4)
- Annual report (4)
- Apology (1)
- Archbishop of Canterbury (2)
- Chairman (1)
- Competition Commission (3)
- Continuous payment authority (CPA) (1)
- Credit rating (1)
- Customers (6)
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (1)
- Football Club Sponsorship (7)
- Fraud (2)
- International (3)
- Management team (3)
- Newcastle United Football Club (1)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) (2)
- Public Accounts Committee (PAC) (2)
- Rate cap (1)
- Real-time data sharing (1)
- Tara Kneafsey (1)
- Technology (3)
- Total Cost of Credit (TCC) (2)
- UK MD (1)
- Unauthorised overdraft (2)
- Wonga (33)
- Wonga Group (2)