News and views
As one of the most high-profile businesses in the finance sector, we attract a broad range of views on what we do. Here's our factual take on some of the hot topics involving Wonga.
Andy Haste joins Wonga as Chairman
The Board of Wonga is pleased to announce the appointment of Andy Haste as Chairman of the Group. He will join Wonga with immediate effect.
Wonga’s founder steps down as a non-executive director
Wonga Group today announced that Errol Damelin has stepped down as a non-executive board director as planned.
Wonga Group announces CEO transition
Wonga, the digital finance Group, today announced the departure of Niall Wass, its CEO, who will leave the business in the next few weeks to take a position at another company.
'Twitter Takedown' request
In response to the tweets over the weekend, we wanted to clear a few things up.
Wonga ‘APR’ TV advert
You may have seen reports in the media over the last few days about the ban of one of our TV ads by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).
Thank you for your submission
Given the large amount of media coverage about Wonga, we will not be able to post a response to every story. We will reply to your request within 48 hours and let you know of our decision.
- Advertising (6)
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) (4)
- Annual report (3)
- Archbishop of Canterbury (2)
- Chairman (1)
- Competition Commission (3)
- Continuous payment authority (CPA) (1)
- Credit rating (1)
- Customers (6)
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (1)
- Football Club Sponsorship (7)
- Fraud (2)
- International (3)
- Management team (3)
- Newcastle United Football Club (1)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) (2)
- Public Accounts Committee (PAC) (2)
- Rate cap (1)
- Real-time data sharing (1)
- Technology (3)
- Total Cost of Credit (TCC) (2)
- Unauthorised overdraft (2)
- Wonga (32)